Saturday, August 4, 2007

It's Getting Hot in Here...

...But alas, I shall not take off all my clothes, as Nelly might have me do. So, it's been quite a week. We forgot to mention that a couple weekends ago (after the Harry Potter extravaganza) we went to the Cloisters in WAY Upper Manhattan (near the Bronx). The Cloisters is an awesome part of the Met that includes a huge Medieval collection. The place is actually built to look exactly like a Medieval Cloister, so it really gives you the feel of being nowhere near New York City, and nowhere near the 21st century. Pretty awesome. Also, we got to see the real Unicorn Tapestries. (For those of you who have seen The Last Unicorn, they are the ones featured at the beginning of the movie. Classic.) It was a lot of fun, and beautiful, and afterwards we met up with Vicki to have some very doughy lunch nearby. To see some photos, visit our photosite.

Ok, now that we're up to speed...this week was a bit crazy with the interview and all (which, I might add, went amazingly). I have been trying not to think about it too much, because it is so perfect for me that it hurts a little to think there's a chance I won't get it. Anyway, hopefully they will call me sometime this coming week for the second round of interviews. Fingers crossed, people!

Adam and I got to visit the South Street Seaport last Sunday morning (I know, I'm hopping around a bit), which was actually designed by the same guy who did Baltimore's Inner Harbor. It's very weird seeing it, because it's so similar I almost felt like I was back in Maryland. Lucky for us, it started pouring down rain almost as soon as we got there, which was awesome because we had walked 6 or 7 blocks away from the subway station. We ended up running the whole way back, getting ridiculously, utterly, and completely soaked through, and leaking our way into the subway station. It was fun. It always seems to happen to us here.

Last night, we had the great privilege of seeing our friend Matt Katz and his girlfriend Beth, who were in town for the weekend. We met at the Risottoria, a nice little place in SoHo famous for it's gluten-free menu (Beth can't have gluten in her diet). So we all dined on gluten-free pizza, risotto and beer (really! it's made with sorghum, it's delicious). The conversation was great, as always, and makes me realize with some amazement that Katz and I have been close friends for 11 years. He is such an intense, funny, smart and crazy Jew. I love him to death. After that we took them home to our place for some wine, and were flattered by how much they loved it. It really is a lovely building, sometimes I forget how lucky we are to have it.

This morning I went to yoga at Bally's, and when I got home we proudly put up our John Lennon poster (he's wearing a t-shirt that says 'New York City.' Coolness!) in the place of honor above our entertainment center. We had to order two custom frames for the posters that will be flanking him, because they are an odd size. They are movie posters, and they are awesome because they represent Adam and my favorite movies of all time.

Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Holla! Lord, it's going to look awesome.

NOTE: I apologize for my excessive use of 'awesome.' It won't happen again.

2 comments:

Mania said...

Dad and I can't wait to see you. We will be on the 3:10pm Vammoose bus to NY and will arrive at 8pm.
Plan to have a great time with you.
YIIIPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Mom

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you get the job!!