Friday, June 8, 2007

Weekend Update

Well, now it's my turn and since I'm back in New York, I actually have something to write about. As my dearest Michelle has mentioned, these past few weeks have been utterly crazy. But only by hearing the FULL story can you hope to completely appreciate the scope of this craziness. And so I present to you... my story.

Last Saturday was Moving Day, (or as I lovingly refer to it, "Vomitstravaganza") but the Big Guy didn't seem to think that was enough stress for me. And so the day before Vomitstravaganza, He said, "Let there be stress" and I became sick. And it was good. Any amount of sleep was merely a fantasy thought for me, yet by Saturday morning, I was wired. As Meech mentioned, we were incredibly worried about everything fitting in the truck, but by some miracle, it did. The car ride was wonderful and as the cats slept and the AC blasted, I regained my strength and slowly began to feel my health returning. My sickness, of course, immediately returned with a vengeance the minute I began helping Frankie and Carlos unpack.

The rest of the weekend slid by without many notable events. After a horrible ordeal with returning the Uhaul truck, I felt worse and by Sunday night I had a minor fever. That night, however, rewarded me with my first decent night's sleep in a few days. Monday I drove to Silver Spring and was welcomed by Michelle's wonderful parents. They took care of me and fed me exceedingly well. Although I spent the week concerned about Meech enjoying her internships, all the while feeling completely overwhelmed with the work I had to do myself at school, Mania and Rick were truly lifesavers, helping me feel very comfortable and well taken care of.

Tuesday was work, then a large dinner. Wednesday was work, (which included a surprise Thank You party from my 4th Grade Band students and a surprisingly warm greeting from my co-worker and demon from Hell, Karen) followed by another large dinner. I then left Thursday right after work and took the bus back to Brooklyn. Thursday's dinner was significantly smaller.

And now after a glorious day spent with my wife, I am ready for bed! We had lunch, we shopped, we cleaned and we drank wine. We are, both of us, finally so very happy. Now if only I didn't have to go back to Maryland for the next two weeks...

Till then. - Adam

1 comment:

Mania said...

Adam,
Thank you for your kind words. I must tell you that Rick and I are happy to have you with us. You are wonderful company and very helpful. You are family and we consider family the most important part of our lives. You and Michelle have a very special place in our home. You will be welcome always.

Mom