Monday, September 3, 2007

Guestravaganza!

Well, I'm REALLY busy right now, but I figure I ought to post SOMEthing about the last couple weeks before more stuff happens I just get horribly behind. I'll be quick about these...

Lorraine and Joe
Last weekend brought Lorraine and Joe to our happy home. They've been planning it all summer and now they finally got to see the place. It was a very enjoyable weekend, but unfortunately quite short. Because of the long drive, they didn't get here until late Friday night, then had to leave early Sunday. But still, we made time for fun. I can't seem to remember most of the stuff we did, but I do know we went to Rockefeller Center to check out a French library for Lorraine and stopped by the Seaport so Lorraine and Joe could buy tickets for Curtains (which they both enjoyed, but Lorraine more than Joe. I think.)

Anyway, it was a great weekend. And they were both so awesome guests cause they brought dinner for us that night (and it was GREAT!). I can't remember anything else, but if I do, I'll add it later.

Back to School
My job officially started this past week, but no classes yet. It was a full week of orientation for the cadets (students). This involved much running around, alot of manual labor, plenty of last minute plans and just a dash of hysteria. They new cadets were terrified, which is good, but the old cadets are already starting to test the staff. I'm freaking out a good bit because on top of my Music classes, I also have to teach 90 minutes of Math every day. And apparently Pete, the commandant (principal) wants me to teach every student a band instrument. So right now I'm teaching myself Pascal's triangle and looking up how to order 42 clarinet mouthpieces. Awesome.

I've already told the more interesting KAPPA VI stories to my friends and families, so I don't feel like repeating them again here. Maybe I'll add them later when I get a free second.

Mom and Dad
This past weekend was the final of 4 weekend visits in a row and I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing and enjoyable weekend. (In case you're wondering, it was Ben and Nat, Mania and Rick, Joe and Lorraine, then Mom and Dad). Fortunately, they had the long weekend, so we got in alot of activities all through Saturday and Sunday. Oddly enough, despite the fact that all our plans involved relaxing, every time we got home, we all felt exhausted.

Saturday was our wine-tasting voyage, where we headed out to Long Island and stopped at three or four vineyards. Oh, and we also traveled great distances for a magical restaurant called Legends. The food was great, but the service made me think the waiters had to travel the same distance to reach our table. The vineyards were amazing and Meech and my folks got some great pictures. It took most of the day and it was probably 5 or 6 when we got back. Even though all we did was sit, sip wine and talk, we collapsed when we got home and enjoyed a large Not Ray's Pizza pizza.

Sunday was equally as beautiful, but far less restful. We headed south to the Botanical Gardens. It was wonderful weather and the gardens were beautiful, but it was pretty warm and we got tired of walking. Of course, we couldn't leave until stopping by Prospect Park for ALL of our first look at it. Meech and I LOVED it there and we're already planning trips for our friends and us to hang out down there. That night we celebrated the perfect weekend by visiting our favorite Italian place in Little Italy, Da Nico's. The food, service and atmosphere were excellent. Even if they weren't, pulling Mom's invisible laughing cord would have made up for EVERYTHING.

I joked alot about how glad I was that this was the last weekend for guests. Of course, it's true I'll be looking forward to a quiet weekend at home next week, I'm still so happy for all our visits. It's been great seeing friends and family, especially after such a big move. In all seriousness, if we could do it all again, we would.

Just not next weekend.

That's it for me. I'm going to get back to lesson plans and such. Check out our pictures up there on the right. Meech has added a bunch of new ones for you.
Take care and talk to you later.
Toodles,

Adam

1 comment:

Mania said...

Wow!! It's so cool to see the pictures you uploaded. It certainly is a wonderful addition to the very descriptive narration.
Wonderful memories of wonderful times.
Mom