Thursday, July 12, 2007

Where's the Love?

Today was not a good day. It wasn't awful, by any means, but it wasn't fun either. Most accurately, it was a disappointing day. Several things didn't happen today that we had previously counted on happening.

I, for one, had intended on quickly stopping by Human Resources to hand in my forms in hopes of finally completing my certification process here in New York. The "quickly" part didn't happen. And I have yet to find out if I'm actually certified or not. I won't go into the entire story, but around 11:30 this morning, one could find me yelling at a young woman about the Board of Ed's crappy system and how I shouldn't be expected to cover their ass as well as my own. It was disappointing.

We also learned today that our friends, who had previously assured us that they would be visiting this weekend, would indeed not be able to visit. We're not upset (really, we're not), but considering this is the second weekend in a row they bailed... well, it was disappointing.

Also, last week Michelle took the initiative and asked our upstairs neighbor if she'd like to join us for dinner sometime. We had originally planned Tuesday night, but I couldn't make it, nor could her roommate, so we bumped it up to tonight. I called around 4 to ask if she had a restaurant preference and discovered she was on a car trip to New Jersey with a friend and had completely forgotten about dinner. No big deal. She knows where we live. We're not upset... it was just disappointing.

Today also included my parents leaving for their trip to Belgium with my best friend's parents. They're going to have a great time and although this doesn't fall into the "disappointing" category... I'm sure jealous! And in case he's reading this, it was great seeing you again Jonathan! He's leaving tomorrow morning (which is quite disappointing) and it was great of him to make time to see Meech and me (and our apartment). Much love and enjoy your future travels!

Well, at least we didn't waste the evening. Meech and I treated ourselves to a FANTASTIC dinner in Little Italy where I had amazing fettuccine alfredo and Meech had the best lasagna she's ever had.

You should also know that tomorrow I'm beginning in earnest my new diet to gain weight. I have a meal plan and I'm going to try to stick to it. I thought a good motivator for me would be to keep a food journal. And an even better motivator would be to post that journal online! So, Take "The A Train" for the link. It wont be exciting and who knows how long it will last, but hey, it's mostly for me anyways.

Well, we're off to bed. Here's hoping tomorrow will be more enjoyable!
Toodles,

Adam

1 comment:

Mania said...

Hey Adam,
I am sorry to hear about your disappointments. Life sometimes dishes them out. I know that the biggest disappointment is dealing with the New York School Board. That must be frustrating. I hope that it works out for you soon and that it will all be in "The Past". I also hope that your friends will realize how important it is for you to spend time together. Giving of oneself (time) is the biggest gift a person can give to another.
Wishing you smiles
Mom (Mania)